Eskbank House Museum needs you – become a volunteer.
Volunteering offers a unique and rewarding opportunity for those interested in museums, heritage, the arts, or events. There are different opportunities available to gain first-hand experience in working with museum collections and heritage items, producing art programs, and delivering special events, as well as giving tours and engaging with members of the public.
Volunteering is an opportunity to get involved in your community, meet new people, and learn new skills. Our volunteers also receive training and development opportunities, a copy of Eskbank House Museum publications, and invitations to social events. Depending on your interests and skills, there are also opportunities to curate exhibitions or displays and publish your research.
Visitor Experience Volunteers
- Welcome visitors to the museum
- Present guided tours of the museum, collections and special exhibitions
- Provide Front of House services such as cash handling and small sales, processing bookings, administration tasks
- Invigilate special exhibitions as needed
Program and Events Volunteers
- Assist with the preparation and running of programs
- Assist with the background research for the development of programs
- Assist with exhibition openings and other special events
- Assist with producing communication materials to promote programs
- Assist with program related administration
Collection and Research Volunteers
- Background research on the collection
- Catalogue objects using an online collection database
- Write object descriptions
- Provide research assistance for programs and exhibitions
- Conversation of objects
- Provide support to care for the building and grounds
Apply to Volunteer
Submit your expression of interest to volunteer on the Lithgow City Council website here
For more information contact the Cultural Development Officer on (02) 6354 9999